Junior Facilities O&M Systems Engineer - 504062
Purpose of the Position
• Supports, under minimal supervision, the management, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Facilities, Systems, Equipment and Utilities (FSEU). Creates scope and oversees the Preventative Maintenance (PM) of Facilities assets as well as supports corrective maintenance activities
Company Conformance Statement
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
• Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Be consistently punctual.
• Successfully complete all assignments
• Ensure regular in attendance in accordance with agreed upon work hours and schedule.
• Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely.
• Assist managers and supervisors in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions.
• Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports maintenance project objectives, installation schedules, and purchase requirements necessary to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Provides technical assistance and engineering support on maintenance projects; interfacing with other departments to resolve issues that occur.
- Provides information analysis and data entry to Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Revises Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) instructions, technical documents, specifications, and Scopes of Work.
- Oversees contractors in the performance of their contractual obligations. Ensures specifications and budgets are satisfactorily met.
- Develops and implements maintenance methods and procedures to improve maintenance efficiency.t
- Maintains authoritative knowledge of applicable systems across all facilities, being familiar with the system's drawings, configuration, and operation.
- Monitors systems and equipment performance and recommends actions to resolve operational deficiencies, improve performance, increase reliability, and improve energy efficiency.
- Negotiates, on occasion, smaller scoped negotiation and maintenance of contractor and vendor agreements and contracts that define quality, delivery schedules, pricing, and other terms and conditions to protect company costs.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Must pass company and NASA required background check and be eligible to obtain a NASA security badge.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Facilities, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) or more years’ experience in HVAC commercial/industrial and/or Building Management System service experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- EPA certified “Universal” for refrigerant handling is preferred.
• Physical effort involving standing, sitting, walking, or detail work.
• Occasional risk of injury due to hazards.
• Able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by the position.
• Bending, stooping, and walking.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed (steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hardhat, and gloves).
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include typing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion.
- Able to pay close attention to detail.
- Able to take direction.
- Able to work independently, but follow specific detailed instructions.
- Able to operate and service various rotating equipment.
- Able to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
• Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
• Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
• Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
• Must pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
• Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
• Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE, CHANGE OR AMEND JOB DESCRIPTIONS FROM TIME-TO-TIME TO CORRESPOND TO DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION.