Project Manager- 543987
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
· Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
· Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
· Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
· Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the Position
This Project Manager will work at John C. Stennis Space Center and /or Michoud Assembly Facility in the Project Management Office (PMO) for the SACOM contract position.
The Project Manager maintains overall responsibility of the project, including initial scope development, initial /draft requirements, customer contact, design team development, assistance with procurement process, monitoring of the construction implementation process, risk identification and mitigation, change management, and final closeout of documentation. The Project Manager follows the project from start to finish, monitoring the budget, schedule, technical performance, and risks throughout the process.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities of the Position
· Maintain overall responsibility for a project.
· Ensure proper project communication occurs within the project team.
· Lead kickoff meetings and ensure all required project meetings are occurring and properly attended.
· Ensure all required reporting is occurring.
· Lead the project team in project planning and scope development, including the scope of work, project management plan, long-lead items, estimate, schedule, and budget.
· Coordinate with Engineering on detailed design finalization.
· Provide decisions on procurement issues.
· Ensure contracting strategy is being executed according to plan and schedule.
· Manage change control requests in a timely manner.
· Ensure construction readiness.
· Oversee performance of Construction, startup, and testing activities.
· Oversee and ensure the performance of closeout activities.
· Ensure any required environmental and regulatory procedures and submittals are complete.
· Pull together project Lessons Learned.
· Maintain communication and interface with the customer and stakeholders.
· Mentor other Project Managers.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of ten to fifteen (10-15) years of experience managing varied, successful engineering procurement construction (EPC) projects.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
· Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
· Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
· Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
· Ability to lead a team
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Good communication, organizational, and planning skills.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and related engineering documentation as required; specs, standards, drawings, etc.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail
· Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
· Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
· Proficient in the use of standard MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of various office equipment.
· Familiarity with design, construction, and engineering terminology is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to use resourcefulness in researching various documents and databases is required, as well as gathering various types of information or other resources.
· Walk up to six hours per day
· Walk up/down stairs frequently
· Stand up to six hours per day
· Climb ladders and scaffolding
· Wear PPE gear when required(steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves)
· Tolerate extreme cold/heat for when required
Engineering or technical degree preferred
NASA, federal government contracting, or process industry (e.g., chemical, petroleum, nuclear) experience preferred.
Professional engineering license preferred but not required.
Project Management Professional certification considered.