Facilities Maintenance Supervisor - 567083
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
· Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
· Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
· Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions;
· Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the Position
- Will perform assigned facilities supervisor duties as a PAE employee onsite at the NASA Stennis Space Center. Supervises the design and maintenance of routine or basic equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities. Oversees the routine maintenance and repair of company facilities and equipment. Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion to ensure that company needs are met in a timely manner.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities of the Position
- Oversees operations of company facilities and equipment to ensure operations meet established guidelines.
- Reviews and approves all estimates of material and labor costs for routine repairs, replacements, and improvements. Oversees general building maintenance, schedules repairs and ensures that potential safety hazards are addressed in a timely manner. Remains current on OSHA and other safety guidelines and inspects buildings to ensure fire-code compliance.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and routine maintenance repairs to equipment. Inspects invoices to ensure that appropriate supplies are delivered to facilities in an accurate and timely
- Determines space requirements and provided recommendations to upper management to ensure provision of appropriate office space, furniture and equipment for effective facilities operations.
- Identifies contractors and vendors of materials, equipment and supplies. Coordinates with outside contractors and vendors of equipment and supplies to ensure that supplies and equipment are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner. Contacts contractors on equipment repairs such as, carpet repairs/replacements, painting, electrical and/or plumbing work.
- Evaluates cost and quality of services, goods, and supplies to ensure that quality and cost match contract specifications. Maintains and monitors established contractor and vendor agreements to ensure that deliveries meet established agreements.
- Recommends and/or initiates the selection and hiring of employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Makes recommendations for salary increases, transfers and terminations to manager.
- Supervises routine movement of people to new office spaces to ensure minimal hindrance to business operations. Coordinates with management, contractors and movers during all phases of the move. Supervises Land provides specifications for various construction projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or related field preferred
Four or more years of experience in facilities maintenance
Experience working with facilities management and federal and company safety guidelines
Experience working with operating procedures of facilities and equipment
Experience working with contract management and negotiation
Experience working with policies and regulations regarding contracts and legal matters
Experience working with company facilities and equipment
May require considerable standing and walking and occasional lifting of supplies
• Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
• Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
• Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
• Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment
• Ability to work with computers
• Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
• Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
• Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE, CHANGE OR AMEND JOB DESCRIPTIONS FROM TIME-TO-TIME TO CORRESPOND TO DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION.