Engineering Intern - 575912
Michoud Assembly Facility, LA
Syncom Space Services located at Michoud Assembly Facility, LA is seeking Engineering students for summer temporary employment.
Reporting directly to an assigned Lead Engineer, Project Engineer, or Manager in an office or on a project work site. This is a temporary position providing on the job training. Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Performs routine aspects of assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures
- Coordinate with Project Management professionals to make modifications and corrections to project specific documents and analysis
- Work with Engineering or EMCS team members both in the field and in the office on data gathering/processing projects
- Prepare and process client requested data or documents that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Examine project documents for completeness and accuracy
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing, Computer Science, or Construction Management curriculum is required
- Must be in good academic standing and have completed at least Sophomore level
- Have demonstrated a very strong aptitude in major field
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required
- Attention to detail and the ability to exercise good professional judgment is required
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management regarding project activity is required
- The selected candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, automobile liability
- The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain permission to operate customer-owned vehicles in support of work activities
- Must be able to provide own transportation
- Must be able to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
**No relocation or temporary living assistance is being offered
**This position is not eligible for remote work.