Business Office Summer Intern - 576084
Stennis Space Center, MS
Business Office Summer Intern
Syncom Space Services located at John C. Stennis Space Center, MS is seeking Finance, Accounting, or Business Students for summer temporary employment.
Reporting directly to a Manager in the Business Operations office, this is a temporary position providing on the job training. Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Performs routine aspects of assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures
- Coordinate with Finance professionals to review project costs and schedules
- Prepare and process client requested data or documents that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs
- Support projects in key business areas such as Procurement, Accounts Payable, Payroll, general accounting, or Information Technology.
- May use computer-assisted software and equipment to perform finance/accounting tasks
- Financial analysis using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Currently enrolled in a Finance, or Business, or Accounting curriculum is required
- Must be in good academic standing and have completed at least Sophomore level
- Have demonstrated a very strong aptitude in major field
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite with strong Microsoft Excel skill level preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to exercise good professional judgment is required
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management regarding project activity is required
- The selected candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, automobile liability
- Must be able to provide own transportation and be able to travel to Stennis Space Center on daily basis
- Must be able to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
**No relocation or temporary living assistance is being offered