Industrial Hygienist 539491
Michoud Assembly Facility, LA
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all Employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely.
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the Position
To perform assigned Industrial Hygiene duties as an S3 Employee onsite under the NASA SACOM contract at Michoud Assembly Facility/ Stennis Space Center.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position
- Acts as a S3 Industrial Hygiene Professional.
- Responds to and evaluates employee concerns.
- Reviews and evaluates work documents, construction design documents and company/NASA procedures.
- Reviews department processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance.
- Ensure completed documentation is filed correctly In accordance with NASA an S3 requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by department manager.
- Provides IH surveillance and assessments, which includes collecting and analyzing field samples.
- Provides IH related training to Workers.
- Support audits as required by NASA and S3.
Education and Experience Requirements
- As a minimum have a BS in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Engineering, Science or associated discipline plus 5 years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Experience can be substituted for education.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (Candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must have knowledge of OSHA, ACGIH and other Occupational Health related standards and regulations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written and be prepared to provide technical presentations to management and workers.
- Must be self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to establish priorities in support of multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and developing and applying solutions.
- Must be able to lift, carry and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb/descend ladders, scaffolding and stairs without harm to self.
- Must be able to wear PPE up to six hours continuously (steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, etc.).
- Must be able to work in various outdoor environments (hot and cold).
- Must be able to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, or experience with working on government installations.