Software Administrator - Build Technician - 553281
Purpose of the Position
Syncom Space Services, Inc. (S3) is seeking a software engineer to join our Technology Development team at NASA John C. Stennis Space Center. We are a dynamic, highly iterative team responsible for much of the software used to conduct and monitor rocket engine tests. The ideal candidate will assist in every facet of the rocket engine test system life cycle – to assist NDAS software development team in the software lifecycle process by supporting software testing, building and deployment of software as well as providing customer support and maintaining a productive testing lab.
• Work with NDAS development team to improve NDAS software through various methods of the software lifecycle process including building, testing, and customer support.
• Assist with improving the NDAS software build process by assisting in creation and management of tools to schedule and automate software builds, testing and installations.
• Assist with creating comprehensive testing documentation and plans to execute install, integration, and regression testing within NDAS software Lab.
• Provide support to NDAS Software customers, report customer concerns and bugs to NDAS software development team for further software improvement.
• Collaborates with other team members and NASA customer on engineering solutions.
• Adheres to NASA standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development lifecycle.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, software engineering, IT, or network administration.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience
Special Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Experience with using various types of software on Microsoft Windows and identifying and troubleshooting issues with that software.
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and able to take ownership of solutions but follow specific detailed instruction
• Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a team-oriented environment
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
• Microsoft Windows, Teams, and Office experience
• AGILE lifecycle process experience
• Source code repositories (Github, Bitbucket, Git, etc..) experience
• Data acquisition systems, Control systems, or Instrumentation experience
• MS Windows Administration experience
• Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
• Must be able to obtain required NASA badge.
• Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
• Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen test.